Although most of the people who share their photos of the Outer Banks with us on Instagram and Facebook are not professional photographers, our followers sure know how to take a great picture. One of the most photogenic places in the United States, the Outer Banks of North Carolina is a photographers dream within a dream.
With hundreds of professional local photographers displaying their work online each day, we like to showcase some of remarkable amateur fan photos we receive on a daily basis.
Listed in no particular order, here are ten of our favorite fan photos from 2013.
1) Shared in December with us on Instagram, this amazing photo captures all of the unique, remarkable colors of the night sky. The photo is by Brooke J. (@brookieobx) and she received quite a few likes for her stunning picture. Brooke is an Outer Banks local and shares amazing photos like this one with us on a regular basis. She made the list with another photo later on in the list.
2) A remarkable photo filled with color, Outer Banks local Jackie S. took this stunning shot of her black lab in front of a sunrise last summer. Can you imagine waking up to a view like this every morning?
3) Posted on our Facebook page by Marj H., this great shot of Bodie Island Lighthouse received quite a few likes when we re-posted it on our timeline. She said the photo was taken during a family reunion on the Outer Banks in 2013. Who wouldn’t like a family reunion at the beach?
4) The Outer Banks is one of the most pet-friendly beach destinations to take your four-legged friend. Marsha W. shared this splendid photo on the Seaside Vacations’ Facebook page and said, “Jack was waiting for the big one!” Here’s some info on off-season dog leash laws if you plan on bringing your four-legged friend to the OBX.
5) Well-known as one of the very best fishing destinations on East Coast, the Outer Banks of North Carolina is home to over half a dozen fishing piers. This stunning capture of a sunrise underneath Nags Head Fishing Pier, was shared with us on Facebook by Mike D.
6) Each morning, Outer Banks locals have the opportunity to wake up to a view like this. With every sunrise a little different than the last, you could literally take a photo each morning of the year and they’d all look a little different. This shot of the morning sky was taken in Kill Devil Hills by Pamela I. In her Facebook comment, she said, “loved being at the Outer Banks a few weeks ago.”
7) Shared with us on Instagram (@outerbanks), Audrea G. took this awesome early morning shot on the beach in Nags Head. With a dozen seagulls and the Outer Banks Pier in the background, this photo looks great with an Instagram filter. Along with her photo, Audrea stated she is, “in love (with the Outer Banks).”
8) Posted on our Facebook wall by avid Outer Banks fan Lloyd F., the sun glowing through the pillars of the Kitty Hawk Pier created a memorable photo. He stayed in one of our oceanfront homes called The Pearl located in Kitty Hawk back in October. Lloyd shared quite a few photos from his OBX trip with us.
9) As I mentioned above, every sunrise on the Outer Banks is a little different from the last. Posted on our Facebook wall in October, Eileen L. said, “beautiful sunrise today!”
10) The final photo to make our top 10 list is another shot from Brooke J. Taken right after the sun wet down on the Pamlico Sound, the red sky has a striking contrast against the calm blue water. We’re hoping that @brookieobx continues to share photos like this with us in 2014!