Perfect right? The OBX has so much to see and do that it’s impossible to fit everything in. So, let’s share some great “bucket lists” of must-do’s and great advice/tips for those trying to make the most of their time…whatever that might mean to you on your OBX getaway.
- The Wright Memorial, at dusk – watch the sun set where man took flight!
- Jockey’s Ridge, at dusk – one of the best spots for sunset watching on the entire OBX.
- Ocracoke – it’s a great day trip and includes a free Ferry ride!
- Dare County Relay for Life Carnival (in mid-May)
- May through August is sea turtle nesting season. If you are in town and are vacationing near an identified nest, sit there every night if you are able. Sea turtles are endangered species and the hatching process is a miracle to experience.
- Corolla to gawk at beautiful homes, and there are some doozies! (Does Tom Cruise still have a house up there?)
- Carova (4×4 area) to see wild horses and drive on the beach
- Phideaux Fishing for an off-shore trip to remember
- The Whalehead Club
- Oregon Inlet to watch the charter boats bring in their catch
Awesome OBX Bucket List! Thanks Colleen?
Do you have a favorite Outer Banks Bucket List? I’d love to hear it…and share it. Please feel free to leave your list in the comments below.